this vine is too real
dropping hints to bae that ur ready
Creative Artist Turns Strangers’ Photographs Into Anime-Inspired Sketches
US-based artist Robert DeJesus has been accepting commissions by strangers to draw Japanese anime-inspired portraits of themselves based on photographs they submit.
☠ FuckYeahTeenlock’s Creature Feature Contest ☠
We’re back with another contest! And just in time for Halloween. This year, we here at FYTL want you to write us your spookiest, scariest creature fics—from ghouls to ghosts to witches to vamps and beyond! We’ve set the due date for just before Halloween, so you’ll have a big flood of spooky new fics to read to get you into the spirit (pun intended).
*Due Date:* Friday, October 17th, 11:59 PM EST.
- Entries must fit the above theme in a recognisable way. If you have any questions about the theme, or any other questions, please ask us (here.)
- All ratings, pairings, genres, etc. are acceptable, so long as the fic falls into one of this blog’s four AUs: kid, teen, uni and/or parentlock.
- Entries must be between 1,000 and 10,000 words, but authors may add more to their fics later if they choose.
- Participants must provide a valid email address or tumblr account when submitting their entry so we can inform them of their flawless victory.
- Your fic must be uploaded to some medium we can link, be it a tumblr post, a fanfiction.net story or an archiveofourown story. If you need help signing up for or locating these resources, please ask. You must include a link to the fic and a title in your submission, but you are welcome to include other information (trigger warnings, summary, rating, etc.)
- Submissions are to be made through the submissions tab in our sidebar, and clearly state that this is a contest entry, not a normal submission. If you have trouble using/locating the submissions page, please let us know.
- No anonymous submissions.
- No previously-written works.
- No late entries unless the contest due date is extended.
- Only one entry per contestant is permitted.
- Contestants may not change their entry after submitting it but they may edit their entry until the due date.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will all receive a custom fic cover for their entry, designed by Grace, and a review of their fic on the blog.
- The 1st place winner will receive a fic written by one of the mods for any prompt/pairing/etc they desire. Examples of fics written for previous winners are (here) and (here.)
- Some other non-winning entries may also receive reviews on the blog. (This usually happens when we have a particularly hard time picking winners. :D)
Go forth and write fic, lovelies! And Happy Halloween!
So excited for this~ :D
Scientists examine a 15-year-old girl who lived in the Inca Empire, then was sacrificed and remained frozen for 500 years….
Unearthed in 1999 from the 22,000-foot summit of Mount Llullaillaco, a volcano 300 miles west of here near the Chilean border, their frozen bodies were among the best preserved mummies ever found, with internal organs intact, blood still present in the heart and lungs, and skin and facial features mostly unscathed. No special effort had been made to preserve them. The cold and the dry, thin air did all the work. They froze to death as they slept, and 500 years later still looked like sleeping children, not mummies.
This is “the maiden” and she is extraordinary. After a CAT scan or two it was determined that she had tuberculosis. Do you know what this means?!?!? It means that tuberculosis was a preexisting condition and not initially brought over to the Americas by Europeans. WOW
i like her shoes
Of all the fucking things to comment
my friend John just wrote the best post about catcalling possibly ever.
Rescued dogs - before and after! These people who saved them did an amazing job!
i hate when people take other people’s glasses and are like ‘you have horrible vision’ like do you take wheelchairs from people and go ‘wow you have shitty legs’
#i havent seen one episode of this show but i would swan dive into a volcano if she asked me to (via deepspacednine)
I have seen every episode of this show and I would swan dive into a volcano if she asked me to
I have seen about half the episodes of this show and I would swan dive into a volcano if she vaguely implied it needed to be done
Page 1 of 687